When your intentions are to eat healthy, but time just doesn't allow, hire a Personal Chef!
Come home to meals prepared for you, ready to eat, made from fresh organic vegetables and hormone-free meats. Yes, even the grocery shopping is done. Go for an afternoon jog, soak in the bath, read a book, and practice snorkeling in the pool because the next three days of dinners have already been prepared.
Weeknight Dinners: Simply-VA offers weekly or occasional Personal Chef services in your home. Based on your preferences, each week you're offered a sample menu of dishes from which you choose three complete meals. Each week's menu emphasizes this season's vegetables complemented by a protein. Every meal doesn't have to be "heat and serve". One meal can be fully cooked while the others have been prepped so you can put dinner together fresh in ten minutes. Meals are customized according to your family size and needs. Every family receives a unique menu. If you don't like asparagus, you will never see it on your menu. Ingredient substitutions are always welcome. Special diets are always accommodated.
Cost: $200 per Personal Chef session + cost of groceries, obviously varying depending on the menu. One Personal Chef session consists of three meals and includes grocery shopping. Personal Chef appointments can be set for the same time and day on a weekly basis, or may vary from week-to-week as you choose. There is no contract obligation and you're always welcome to use this service on an "as needed" basis.
Get Started: Read the "how it works" below, then reserve a complimentary in-person Personal Chef consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is always the best way to reach Chef Virginia since she's usually at work in the kitchen. This Personal Chef experience is available in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and most surrounding areas.
How the Personal Chef Service works...
1) Email Simply-VA (Chef Virginia Stockwell) at email@example.com for a complimentary consultation. Virginia attempts to respond as quickly as possible between Personal Chef appointments.
2) Virginia will come to your home to discuss your needs, check out your kitchen, and set up your first cook date and time. The meeting could be as quick as 10 minutes or as long as 30 minutes.
3) Following the meeting, a seasonal menu of several meal choices will be emailed from which you choose which 3 meals you feel like eating this week.
4) Once you've made your meal choices, you'll receive an emailed grocery list that includes all the items needed to prepare the three meals. You'll check off the items you have on hand, email the corrected grocery list back, and Chef Virginia will know the remaining items need to be picked up at the grocery store prior to your appointment.
5) At the scheduled time, Chef Virginia will arrive with groceries to prepare the meals in your kitchen. Using your containers, meals will be packaged and labeled. The final menu with any preparation instructions are left behind. Payment for services and grocery reimbursement is due on the day of service. Grocery receipts will be provided. You don't have to be home at the time of service, just leave payment behind.
6) A few days later, Virginia will email to find out if you'd like to set up the Simply-VA Personal Chef service again for next week. You're welcome to provide any special requests at that time or menu suggestions can be made for you.
Common Questions to Simply-VA:
Why do I need an in-person consultation prior to the personal chef session? The initial consultation gives me a chance to check out your kitchen and see what cookware I'll need to bring to complete your weekly menus successfully. It also gives us a chance to meet as often times, you're not around during the cooking session. During this consultation, you can share with me any allergies and food preferences.
Do you offer meal deliveries rather than cooking in my kitchen? A commercial kitchen is required by the Virginia Department of Health when preparing meals for the public. Meals are prepared directly in your kitchen and offered as a cooking service rather than a meal delivery service.
When does the cooking take place? Cooking services are available Monday morning through Friday afternoon with various start-time options. Cook sessions are approximately three to four hours. Appointment availability may change week-to-week and month-to-month. If you have a particular day that you'd prefer, I'll do my best to make it work.
Do I have to be home during the Simply-VA Personal Chef service? Most of my clients work from home, so it's not unusual for me to be cooking in the kitchen and you to be working in your home office. If you work outside the home, we can make arrangements for my access to the kitchen.
Can I choose my weekly meals? Meal requests are welcome, though most clients prefer the creativity of my weekly seasonal menu offerings that fit their taste preferences.
How many meal options will I receive each week? Every family receives a unique menu of about 8 choices for the week. Because of allergies, food preferences and dietary lifestyles, there is no set menu for each week. I consider the family's needs and create a unique menu for each of them.
Is there a contract obligation? No contract obligation is required. You can use the Simply-VA Personal Chef service on a weekly basis, just one time, or once a month. The courtesy of a 72-hour cancellation is always welcome, however.
When is payment due for services rendered? Payment is due on the date of service, preferred in cash or check made payable to "Simply-VA".
Does Simply-VA do catering? Most weekend afternoons and evenings are spent preparing plated dinners, party platters, and buffets for your guests. Start a monthly supper club at your home or perhaps a wine pairing plated dinner for 10 of your closest friends!
Where can I see samples of Simply-VA's dishes? Photo menus are posted regularly on Facebook and Twitter
I look forward to being a part of your health!
Best Wishes from Virginia Stockwell, Charlottesville Personal Chef and owner of Simply-VA
Email is always the best way to reach me